When he is not out searching Manhattan for the most authentic Mexican taco, Ramon likes to write and produce comic books for his many fans (2 if you don’t count his immediate family). He got his first cartooning credit at the age of 10 and is still waiting to get paid for it.
Despite being stiffed, he has been telling stories ever since. In some case, for highly questionable reasons. His favorite genres and themes are science fiction, espionage, government conspiracies and action/adventure with a healthy dose of humor and witty banter which he plagiarises from conversations with people who are way smarter and funnier than he is.
So far, he has ridden the coat tails of talents like Trevor Von Eeden, Janice Chiang, Rudy Nebres, Len Peralta, Cee Raymond, Bill Walko, Roy Allan Martinez, Lui Antonio, Macareña Cortes and many more. Here are some titles he is taking credit for:
- The Hard Code #2 (Scifies, 2016)
- The Men from DARPA #3 (Scifies, 2016)
- The Gwan Anthology (Forward Comics, 2016)
- Duo Anthology (8th Wonder Press, 2016)
- Scifies Greatest Hits (Atlas Unleashed, 2015)
- The Men from DARPA #2 (Scifies, 2015)
- Truer Than Trousdale (University of Southern California, 2015)
- Wonderfunders Anthology #2 (Wonderfunders, 2015)
- Asia World Magazine (Asia World Media, 2015)
- Uncanny Tales (8th Wonder Press, 2015)
- The Men from DARPA #1 (Scifies, 2015)
- Indie Comics Magazine #8 (Aazurn Publishing, 2015)
- The Hard Code #1 (Scifies, 2015)
- Phrases-to-Pages (Pronto Comics, 2014)
- Santa’s Favorite Tales (Vizyon Entertainment, 2014)
- Out of the Blue – A Collection of Strange Stories (Stache Publishing, 2014)
- Scifies Anthology (Scifies, 2014)
- Party Train (DRL Books, 2000)
- Souvenir Program (San Diego Comic Con, 1994)
- Souvenir Program (San Diego Comic Con, 1993)
- Legends of NASCAR (Vortex Comics, 1993)
- Upper Campus (The Daily Fortyniner, 1986-1989)
- TV Times (1980)
While he now works primarily as a writer, Ramon actually started out as an artist. You can view samples of his comic book work on DeviantArt or his commercial illustration work on his online portfolio.
For reasons that defy logic, Ramon’s work has been recognized by the Society of Illustrators and he has been featured in The Beat, Bleeding Cool, The Examiner, The Comics Experience Podcast, Comic News Insider, Secret Identity Podcast, Sci-fi Saturday Night, Nerd Church, Indie Comic Source, Chaos Generation, System 8, Artists’ & Graphic Designers’ Market, Créme Magazine, Altra Magazine, Crain’s New York, The FilAm, Filipino Express and Stephen Romaniello’s The Perfect Digital Portfolio. His short films have been screened at Film Festivals in New York City and Chicago.
He also enjoys organizing panel discussions for comic cons if only to network with more people who’s reputations he can exploit. Guest panelists have included Tom DeFalco (Marvel), Robert Sodaro (The Examiner), Larry Hama (Marvel), Heidi MacDonald (The Beat), Heather Antos (Marvel), Hunter Gorinson (Valiant), Maria Cabardo (DC), mark mazz (Atlas Unleashed), Nelson Faro DeCastro (Marvel, DC), Peter Hamboussi (DC) and more!
Aside from writing and drawing, Ramon is available for comic book lettering, design and production work as well as panel discussions, store signings, con appearances and tacos. He can be contacted at email@example.com